Whenever something is delayed in your life because of the weather, it can feel like forever before you get to what you wanted to do in the first place.
Snow has been pretty crazy for the past weekend. Chey and I had an adventurous return into Boulder on Thursday evening. To start, Chey got pulled over in Santa Fe after she passed a cop in the right lane. Sometimes I feel I am beginning to see just how defensive she has become when she does things like that. So the roads were clear for most of the way, but once we reached Pueblo, things got icy on the highways. It would not have been so bad if it were not for the semis that continued to speed past during the most dangerous stretches of the road. Castle Rock and Denver became increasingly snow packed, and by time we reached I 36, we were creeping 25 up the hill from Louisville into Boulder. Definitely some of the most intense conditions I have handled in a while.
For all the frustration the night before, seeing Lauren on Friday was special. I was relieved and thrilled she took on the insane snow-packed highways to come out and spend the day with ne. She seemed frazzled by a near-crash. We spent all afternoon in each other's arms, making love, and feeling all over each other. A week's lapse was enough to drive us all sorts of crazy for one another again. After all the excitement, we played cribbage and some Phase 10 with Daniel and Rachel. Before work night, I had a "failed" attempt to take a nap, which was totally worth it. Seems like a really vague thing to say. Work was fun because of the art opening we hosted. Lots of Amante crew were partying, and Rachel and I were running the drinks There was a dance party that went down at one point, thanks to Cristina getting all energized and Chris blasting the stereo. By the end, I closed shop as fast as I could so that I could go out with Lauren again. We took the artist Trius home, went back to Pearl St, and though we were supposed to meet up with Ward, we ended up running into Neal and his new roommate instead. The night for Lauren and I didn't get much crazier after that, as we just got food at the Pearl St pub and came home.
Woo...and yesterday was nice. I think that's all I can write for now. Maybe if i wasn't at Amante I might have a more concentrated mind to keep going. But there's a bunch to look forward to this week, and it's gonna be good : )
Sunday, February 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment