This morning started with me and Cale raking the bunkers around the course. After the morning break, I spent the entire day on a giant blower going around the cart paths on the course with the Sand Pro tractor, and though there was not that much labor involved, it was actually really boring. Lunch was good, followed by a quick safety meeting, and then the afternoon was a wrap-up of the blowing. Towards the end on the 16th hole, I did not see an edge on the hill, and my wheel sunk below, and the Sand Pro stalled on the back of its body. Alex helped me back to the shop, and Brad and us two were able to just lift it out. After finishing, I helped Alex take a box down at his place, and then I went golfing with Mark, Ryan, and Brad for nine holes. It was the first time I played the back nine, and though my first couple of holes were fairly solid, I fell apart by the 13th hole with some crooked drives and inconsistency. It was fun, though, but sometimes Mark bugged me with some of his arrogant nature about the way he talks about his expectations from the game and how much he can brag at times. In a cynical way, that is even more motivation for me to get better.
My day has ended with a trip to Chipotle and some more episodes online of Arrested Development. I need to get to bed. I could write for a while about my incredible conversations and experience with Laura as well from the past couple of weeks, but that is a whole other story.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment