Friday, September 10, 2010

staying in

Some parts of me feel that they're making more important choices in my life lately.

Just some thoughts...I genuinely feel like staying in, getting some rest, and letting my body recover from the stresses of the week, as opposed to going out to the bars, drinking, and getting a bad night's rest. I went to Musa's screening for his hip hop documentary, and thought I was all there for love and support for him, I had in the back of my mind the hope that I'd see a girl I like there tonight. At first, it still made me feel bummed she wasn't there tonight, but thinking about it later tonight, I just didn't care so much, and I feel the knowledge that we will see each other again soon, whether we plan on doing so or not. And if nothing is to come out of our acquaintance, then so be it.

So yes, even something so small as stying and and choosing to abstain from substances might make the world of difference to me right now.

Today was a good day. I woke up a little later then usual, got some coffee and a croissant, and was somewhat late for my Faust class. We had a quiz, and I drew a blank for two of the questions on the test. No biggie. I went to the gym afterwards and had another motivational workout, almost as intense as the night before. Coming home, I made some stops at the GNC store, Great Harvest, and Sunflower. I took a shower, did some cleaning, and had my lunch before going back to campus, warming up and getting my trombone, and doing a good presentation in my Spanish class. I went home and then over to the Apple store and purchased a brand new nano, which is turning out to be something really awesome to play with so far. Ben came over, and we spent some time listening to some Herbie Hancock and just chillin' out. Somehow, I got super sleepy at this time, and I think the effects never really have left me for the entirety of this evening. Ben and I had a beer with Cookie, and then we went to the Atlas building and saw a Boulder premier of Soulz of the Rockies, Musa's documentary about Colorado hip hop throughout the 80s and the early 90s. At some point along the movie, I got a gnarly headache, and I just spent the rest of the night walking home with Ben and Erica and making phone calls to everyone I was supposed to meet later. Oh well, there's always other nights.

So yeah, I don't mind spending so much time by myself these days. Maybe it's at a point in my life where I'm really truly understanding these experiences lately.

-c

No comments: