Hey! I haven't seen you in a while.
I spent yesterday evening watching the super bowl with Ben, JJ, Daniel, and a bunch of Brazilian friends over at JJ's apartment. We had a ton of hot dogs, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, chips and four layer dip, lots of beer, and bubbler rips. Talk about gluttonous. But a good gluttonous, the ones you need to do to yourself and let yourself fall through every once in a while.
Which was probably why today felt a little slow. I misplaced my wallet once again this morning, only to find it in Daniel's car (which I drove at 1 in the morning the night before, dropping a rent check off at Charlie's house, not sketchy looking at all). However, the geneality of class erased any sort of resentment in my mind before, and I had a great time everywhere. I enjoyed the discussion in contemporary jazz theory, the coffee and natwich up at Roma, the working and fun attitude in the print studio today, and even the hours shedding and thinking in the music practice rooms. I actually got a start with my composition for the jazz class, and what was once thought as mysterious to me is slowing making a lot more sense every day. That being said, it's still a lot of hard work.
I like spending my mornings waking up, watching some music videos (with or without Larry), and getting reinspired by the artistic work of others. I feel like some of my best ideological friends these days are all the music creations and works done by so many people out there. I just do not think I will ever run out of great music to listen to in my life.
-Cody
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment