Tuesday, October 27, 2009

should've licked me up, it's my lie

Today was ok. I woke up a little early, finished my homework for SLHS, and then attended lecture to do a review for an exam on Thursday. I went home to go back to sleep for a while. The afternoon was consumed by screwing around with some music, and then I went to warm up and go to rehearsal for the evening. I hadn't played since the last concert, so things were a bit tough. Afterwards, I had a pretty intense workout, and by time I walked home, the beginnings of this winter storm had came. I showered up, did some Smash Bros with Daniel, and then had dinner at Wahoo's. I was gonna read, but I ended up getting carried away by some television with highlights from the Red Bull Soapbox Derby that happened here in Denver. I came back, and then I ended up doing more Smash Bros with Daniel before now getting ready for bed.

Things are weaning around a lot of solidarity right now. It sucks, but I think I'm trying to realize that a lot of my stress happens because I depend too much on others to give myself a sense of happiness, and I need to spend even more time improving myself. Feels like I'm trying to stop fucking around so much and take school and my life seriously. However, as much as I doubt myself, I'm still getting some random texts from Laura, and Lauren just thanked me for dinner last night, and said she would bring me some banana bread this week.

-c

No comments: