The buses were super packed. Since there was no Antrho this morning, I spent the time at Cafe Roma eating a croissant, drinking a hot cup of coffee, and doing some study for the SLHS exam. After a while, I went to the UMC to get math homework done and keep studying. By noon, campus was called closed for the afternoon. Math class was very distracted by people doing a snowball fight outside, as well as even more blowing snow. I walked home, also stopping to get some beer, and then spent the afternoon dozing around with Smash Bros and making music. Studying was kinda hard. Sebastien came over at one point and told me something pretty surprising. Apparently, him and Lauren had a fling of dates, and they had recently become consigned to friendship. It didn't really make me feel angry, but at that moment I felt strange. I spent the evening with more music and screwing around, and I finally started studying with some fear of staying up late. Fortunately for me, I remembered to check my email...the midterm was moved to next Tuesday. Ultra score.
I gave Lauren a call tonight to talk things over...she had texted me earlier asking if I was mad for some reason. Presumably, this meant that Sebastien had just texted her about talking with me. I ended up confessing my attraction to her, but that I made no approach because I had all this other fear and self-distrust that prevented me from doing anything. It was an interesting conversation...wasn't like I was heartbroken to anything. We consigned to friendship ourselves, but in the way I talked with her, it made me understand how much more I still have to keep working on myself right now. I am relieved I can have some motivation to stop obsessing over those matters right now.
On another note, I can't stop listening to the NES cover band The Advantage. Hooly shit.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment