Saturday, November 15, 2008

Open Bar

It was a huge relief after my aural skills recitation was over, and it wasn't even so much of a recitation as a conversation in the end. At that moment, I realized I'd worked my way towards going out with my parents that night. First though, I had my radio show, which was interesting to see all the CDs that had been released in 2001. I had a Macky rehearsal, and afterwards, Cook, Mom, Dad, and Cate picked me up for dinner at Aji, which was a delicious combination of ceviche, enchiladas, and cocktails. I didn't even get carded. What a jip. The concert went well, I'm not sure though if it lived up towards what Mom and Dad always seem to want from my concerts, even with how good the band is. We went for a drink afterwards, and then they were gone far too soon to Denver and then D.C. I ended up drunk on margaritas at the Lazy Dog watching Andrew trying to win the 100 dollars cash prize, but politics ruled, and this other guy won. Andrew and Curtis also pissed on Liquor Mart on the Canyon side on the walk home as well. 

Friday was class in the morning. I went to see if Carolyn wanted to go get afterwards, and what was a fairly good intense conversation was broken by Jessi's barging in and ranting about her and her new BF again. I just don't see how some people get so goddamn self-involved and immature in that sense. I ended up purchasing a fish eye lens for my SLR at Jones on the hill, along with some film, and it puts a renewed interest in not necessarily photography, but just taking pictures. I half-assedly practiced piano at the music school, and then I went home and tried to sleep for a little while, but that turned into watching some of The Office with Andrew and Curtis, and then Dana showed up a little later. With that, we ended up just cuddling around and once again getting all close to each other, this time while we laid back listening to Elliott Smith. I had to take off afterwards to go meet Alice and friends at the Sink for dinner, and now I am a big fan of the gardenburger-veggie reuben sandwich. I went and saw Christopher O'Riley at Macky perform compositions of Schumann and Elliott Smith, and it's good to say that it was pretty awesome. I also ran into Psyche in a weird moment. I still don't know if I really feel like talking to her because I just do not think she wants to talk back to me. However, it was pushed aside as I ran into my friend Emily from Aural Skills, and what started as a duo from the 2nd recitation has developed into a pretty cool friendship. It was freezing outside as I biked to the Dark Horse afterwards, and little did I realize that the Fall GRU league had a "private party" and that for two hours or so, it was all an open bar. I got pretty drunk off of microbrews and a car bomb at one point, and though I didn't know too many people, I still had some fun talking with some others that somehow recognized me. I was going to try to make it to John's for the his party, but a lack of energy just kept me over to Guthrey's, where once I entered, everyone was smoking up in his bedroom. It was a heavy night for everybody. Back at home I ate a frozen burrito and passed out.

Today's been one of those "regrouping" moments, I suppose. Chey texted me that she tried a weed brownie for the first time last night, even worse, before a football game. Pretty hilarious. I have a lot, lot, LOT of projects, auditions, and forms to complete before I can even think about this semester being over. Or to even try to consider Thanksgiving a "break".

-c

No comments: