I was awake by six this morning to get to school and finish my paper on Paul Farmer for Fight the Power, and within the first twenty minutes I was astonished that I had almost written half of it right there, and it was even somewhat of an actually good train of consciousness. 'Course I got distracted online and subsequently finished it kinda late. Piano lesson was yet again my own fault for kinda sucking. I need to treat Shu Wei's time better for our own sakes. Fight the Power had a great discussion about holding power, seceding power, and how exactly we're supposed to help and listen to the poor. Music Videos was pretty good, I felt somewhat of a lack of energy at first, but then I got pretty interested as I started listening to interviews. I drove down to Arvada to pick up my Edwards today, and though at first it was an incredible improvement from the dent before, I think it's still trying to slow down again. The weather was grey and cold for most of today, as even more noticed in my car today. I crashed into a nap back at home and overslept again the amount of time that I really only wanted to sleep for, but I guess I just was really worn out. Street team was fine, going to Subtle tomorrow, and everyone was getting all into wanting to go to Of Montreal on Sunday. I dunno, maybe it's the hipster in me that's saying that concert might be a lot of hype. Rehearsal was pretty grueling, just the matter of having to be with some of those people in there makes me reflect how much more seriously I should've taken the audition at the end of summer. My fault, I promise myself to never be a part of such ensemble ever again, though I think this experience somehow is going to help in the future. I tried calling Psyche on the walk home, but I only left a message. Also, Dana seemed kinda careless in texting back. I just feel pretty disconnected to a lot of people today. And as the title states, Q'Doba SUCKED for dinner tonight. The beans tasted bland and the pico de gallo and lettuce I think were probably past their prime. After that call, it was a sign to end the day here pretty soon.
Chey and I had a deep hour long conversation last night about her and Alan's breakup. As I told her, sometimes it's so hard to think how she's the last leg of the family and that I can't be there in person for her for all this LIFE she has to go through in her final year. Another crazy conversation I would've NEVER expected to have (but was so happy at the same time) was talking about some other altered experiences, and how we can finally share some of those experiences together. Tee hee.
Until the concert and the time with parents this Thursday, it's a lot of work and practice and continuing efforts to make myself feel as conscious as I can every day, even if I probably need some distance from everyone to get other things done.
I'll be happy to bike to school, look at the mountains, and watch the sun rise from the East tomorrow morning.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment