Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What is Passion?

I just read somewhere on some guy's website that when people ask him how he is doing, he always replies "positively passionate". He then went into some cheesy bullshit afterwards, but for the most part that sort of message carries pretty far towards how conscious I'm trying to feel these days.

I was so tired from the show last night that when I came home, I crashed fairly quickly and didn't write.

The morning started too early again. I had to finish my aural skills lab and then head to theory class and once again complete my homework during lecture. Aural skills was our quiz, and I'm not sure if it had to do anything with my mental state, but I couldn't concentrate very well. I went to go practice afterwards and grab a faster piano piece for my exam at the end of the semester. Something that's hard to fathom at times is that this exam could very possibly determine if I can finish school within a five year plan or not. Anyways, practice was ok. I met Dana at the UMC for tea during midday, and we went to the rooftop to look at the light shining through the mountains and talk about her trip and other things. I asked about her S. American boyfriend at one point, and though she said she wouldn't take back the moment for anything else, they had to end because they needed to have their own lives in their own worlds. I still felt though that if they ever met again, maybed some feelings would still be there. I walked her to class, and I grabbed lunch at Bento Zanmai. Undergrad brass quintets were performing for studio, and afterwards was jazz rehearsal. I felt a great resistance in playing at the beginning, but once I started thinking of the mental image of "blowing through a coffee straw," somehow the air and sound started coming together. My most frustrating point of the day came as I picked up promo at the radio station and tried to get to the BX on time. I was all set for the bus when I realized I forgot my theory homework, so I bolted back to the station, popping my chain out of place on the way, and then I just couldn't lodge the damn thing back. Frustrating as shit. I ended up catching the next BX, and after getting to the Larimer Lounge on my bike, I realized I was super early. I grabbed some veggie/cheese infused empanadas at this Buenos Airian pizzaria and then checked out the show. It wasn't very crowded and there were a good amount of "hipsters" there. Man, I hate labeling people sometimes. The Denver-local openers were ok. Zach Hill was just an absolute mindfuck and did one of the most intense drumming sessions I'd ever seen. Subtle came on, and I think everything was a little more scattered since the last time I saw them. I had a good talk with Tyson on the way home, maybe I was still somewhat tipsy from the beers and wanted to talk some more.

I'm tired of talking in this entry. Till next time.

-c

No comments: