So I lied. I did not wake up until 730 this morning. Whoops. Looks like I am still getting shit together.
Sunday morning started late. I was awake by 11, and Catie and Cook were just hanging out in the family room. After some hot cereal, I went to get a CD review done at 1190, and with the great weather, I went hiking for the afternoon. I marched up to the first flatiron and found a good spot to just hang out for a while, and it helped me distract my attention from my throat, though I was scared to eat a Clif Bar, which kinda sucked because I definitely could have used the energy. I had some interesting muses on the hike down about my diet, and I came over an insatiable need for meat at that moment. So much of my head was in trouble deciding whether Native Americans are supposed to be vegetarians or not. After biking to Jamba Juice for a protein shake, I went to Borders and got consumed with the book The Omnivore's Dilemma to seek some answers, and I was completely consumed with fascination about understanding the food industry, and, more importantly, the whole metaphysical understanding (of which we may never understand) of the rights to "thought" and "being" that lies within animals and within human beings. We consider ourselves "superior" to so many animals on this planet, but in a sense, is it because of these killings, and also the notion of language that serves that reasoning plausible or not? So went the questions as I read into a couple of chapters, and I ended up purchasing it for later reading. After talking on the phone for a while with Mom and Dad, I went back to the music school to practice some more, and by then it was already late. My night at home was spent eating more hot cereal and fixing my humidifier and then crashing for the night.
Today started off late as well. I did not want to give up breakfast. Therefore, I was at theory twenty minutes late, but I was able to get my homework done on time. Aural skills was ok. I got into a mode of "mental absorption" and fascinating studying more and more of Michel Foucault's philosophies, this time about the "technologies of self" and even more of the ways humans seek this existence of "self" to better one's life. I wish I had the time to really go into it on here. Critical thinking class was a lot of fun because of talking about the reading, and for once, I felt that I had brought a new level of thinking imposed upon a teacher, based upon understanding more of the discussed material. Afro Am. family was some more concepts with Jewell and Moynihan. I bolted home to grab lunch and take out the trash, and then writing class was another really interesting time talking, discussing, and questioning some of the group projects. I ran some errands at Boulder Property Management afterwards, and after dropping a check off at Charlie's house, I went for a freedom-arousing bike ride around Boulder. It was 71 degrees and absolutely gorgeous the entire day, and I spent as much of that afternoon as I could breezing through the bike paths that surround many of the wetlands and outskirts of the city. I made it to Breadworks for a dinner of some slices of batard and a vegan mushroom lentil soup. I went to campus afterwards to print some readings and practice some more trombone, as well as prepare for my aural skills recitation, and then I jolted home to catch the last fifteen minutes of Neal's radio show while I was cooking more hot cereal. The night is ending with some music theory homework and some readings for tomorrow's classes.
Hot damn. I always get the feeling that I should not write so much, that so many people WILL question "why the hell DOES he write so much?" But no matter what these days, I think anything that can be recorded from a moment of "living" is pretty worthy, I guess. And again, MEMORY. I can not even stress how important that feels to me these days because of how fast time is slipping past.
I mean, shit, it is March already.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment