Awake by 445, I said bye to Mom and Chey (for a month), and Dad took me to the airport while I munched on a banana. I made it through pretty quickly, and right as I got to the terminal, my boarding number was called. The flight was pretty steady, but by time we got into Denver, it was freaky. There was a light snow storm covering the city, and during the approach, visibility was really, really low. I did not even see the ground until the plane was almost at the run way. To make matters worse, as soon as I saw the tarmac, the plane suddenly accelerated and started gaining altitude again, and all I could think about was if it was unsafe for the plane to land or not. Apparently there was someone who had not left the runway yet, and we had to circle around. However, it felt like we did nothing at all, and it was just almost like sinking into oblivion by time we made the real landing onto the snow covered runway.
I slept on the bus ride home and then had some hot cereal and played some piano before going to campus to work on my writing presentation. After two hours of fidgeting around, I made a pretty half-assed presentation, but somehow it worked for the class. I was feeling the stress all day, and that got me all worked to go to the gym and run it out, which I did, for a good stretch of five miles or so. However, my feet were not used to the shoes, and now I am staring at two large blisters. The pledge drive meeting was afterwards, and just reassociating with people I had not seen in a long time made me feel a lot better. I came home and cleaned for a while, and then Kenny and his friends came over for some tea and conversation, and I even got to play piano for them. Pretty neat.
I am beat. I hope I wake up hungry.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment