The throat has been overacting a lot all day again.
I woke up hurriedly this morning for my music theory exam. It went well, but I still do not know sequences. Aural skills was ok. After grabbing a smoothie and oatmeal, I warmed up really quickly and had my lesson. I played pretty well, but I think I just put my throat into a bad train of feelings for the day.
After getting jury things scheduled, I was late for Critical Thinking, and I was just there for participation points, if anything, today. We had a quiz in Afro American Society, and while I was happy for not missing the quiz because of an early break, I still sucked because I did not do the reading. I had a nice moment again with Ashley during the afternoon when we got tea at Roma, and she asked me more questions and wrote some more notes for her education class. Writing class was where I just begun to melt down. I started stressing on my throat again really bad, and I ended up just leaving early without doing anything productive the entire time.
Some guy felt the need to give my back tire a flat, so I had to re-pump it over at Full Cycle. The one guy there is always so nice. He gave me a new bright neon green screw cap to replace the one the suspected "deflater" stole. I went over to Farrand to lie down and "catch my mind," and for a good ten minutes, I felt like I really did. It was one of those moments where the mind just loses itself within the senses, and ten minutes transforms into a semi-religious experience.
I watched Tiffany's recital for the first half, and then I had to bolt home. I found out nothing was wrong with my iPod at the Apple store...it just needed a little reset to get it back in shape. I took a nap at home before going to the Vanguard Orchestra concert at Macky. Emily had gotten me a free seat. I was pretty happy. The band itself was fucking incredible. By far my favorite soloists of the night were the incredible second trumpet and the bari sax. Out of control.
Back here, I just FINALLY got the last assignment done needed before I take off in t-minus eight hours. And my throat still is getting to me.
Please, Austin. Give me some hope.
-c
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment