Sunday, November 1, 2009

Palindrome birthdays

Things have been pretty awesome lately. Due to the snow last week, I spent Thursday going out for breakfast, having a midterm postponed, and doing my radio show. We rocked Dinosaur Jr. that night, and I actually got to catch up with Carolyn, who I hadn't seen in forever.

Friday ended up being a little rough. I studied some math in the morning, and by time the midterm came, I was NOT prepared. There was a lot of problems I had not anticipated, and I felt like I had studied proofs way too much. Safe to say I probably bombed it. I got super stressed out after that, and I ended up coming home and then obsessively started reorganizing everything in my room. I ran some errands, and then I went with Chey, Tia, and Daniel to Pei Wei for dinner. Back at the house, all the roomies and I were just chillin, and then Laith, our new couchsurfer friend, and the new host, Fiona, showed up. After a little while, Laith mentions a party...we all got dressed really quickly, stopped by a liquor store, went to Fiona's house, and then drove to this party up in North Boulder at this photography studio warehouse. It was SUCH an awesome party. There was a live DJ, a huge dance floor with some incredible lights and a trampoline, a projection screen on the wall playing all these old horror movies, a professional photo set up for people to take photos with each other, a table full of candy and food and sandwiches, another table stacked with alcohol, a keg, and a tub of microbrews, and there were some hundred-something costumed people dancing like crazy. We had a freakin' awesome time getting pretty crunk and dancing nonstop. At one point outside, Daniel, Andrew, and I met a really cool girl by the name of Diana. She said she just moved here a week ago. We danced together until two thirty in the morning, and then we dropped off Laith and Fiona and crashed at home.

Yesterday was great. I had brunch with Lauren at the Eggcredible Cafe, and then after coming home for a little while, she came over, Andrew joined us, and we walked to the football game to see the last 1:44 of regulation play. We stopped by Sunflower, and then we watched some Mystery Science Theater 3000 for the afternoon. Andrew, Tia, Chey and I went to Chipotle for free burritos in the evening, and then I spent some time at home. Lauren came over again, and taking my car, we visited some friends' parties for the night. The Hill was a shitshow once again. The 1190 dance party was ok, but it was way too crowded, and I really didn't see too many people that I knew. We visited our new friend Brian's party in South Boulder, and though it was fun for a while, a cop showed up and ended it far too early. Lauren and I came back to my house for the night, and we had some tea and talked about a lot of things. It was a good night.

Today started with laughter. Seems like everyone had a pretty crazy night. Roane joined all of us for brunch on Pearl St. Cook and I split a cheeseburger, and we both had coffee. We got a coffee and a cupcake at the Cup afterwards, and then I spent the afternoon trying to finish reorganizing my room. I went to campus later to get my shit together for the week, and then I practiced tbone for an hour. I made a new ambition this week to only go to Sunflower once, and I only spent 41.40 for hopefully all the groceries I need this week. I made a killer vegan stroganoff with mushrooms and seitan for dinner and leftovers. Chey came over later, we talked for a bit, and then I gave her a ride home.

What's up for this week? Getting all my shit done before birthday festivities. Life is good.

-c

No comments: