Almost went to bed before doing this...
Today was great. I had my coffee and banana bread at The Cup in the morning, and I studied some more Spanish. I stopped by the bookstore and looked at the language books for a while, and then Ben met me back at home, and we chilled with Larry and put some serious effort into a new track with my laptop. Man oh man, I am WAY excited how it's turning out...I just have to put in a couple more effects and do some more mixing and mastering, and I can't wait to perform it and also have it online. Doing the song took up a good chunk of the afternoon, and by time we were done, there was an EPIC rainstorm that swept through Boulder in the late afternoon. It was so freakin' intense that we seriously started pondering if the floodplain would go nuts. At one point, Ben and I danced in the rain for a little while, and after the rain subsided, we worked on another song inspired by the rain, and out of nowhere there was a HUGE lightning bolt that struck right across the street. Incredible! After playing some more piano, I went to Half Fast and met Dedy and Andrew, who by this time had already downed a margarita and a strong island. Cameron came over, and all four of us ended up going on a really awesome bike ride to Wonderland Lake in North Boulder. Because of all the rain, the air felt and smelled incredible, and it was just a beautiful ride all around, as there was nothing but clear skies for the rest of the evening. It was one of those nights where everybody was just chillin' outside...kids huddled together on the rooftops, people doing BBQs, people hanging at bars and coffeeshops, riding bikes...such a great energy in Boulder today. We came back and hung out on the balcony for a while, talking about some deep things, as well as Andrew's plans in Europe. For the rest of the night, I've been distracted by the internet, and I played some Smash Bros with Daniel, and now I'm ready to pass out.
Friday tomorrow! Summer has been incredible this year : )
-c
Friday, July 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment