Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Snow-Thunder?

Have been getting a fair amount of rest and exercise lately. With that, the diet and the digestion are slowly trying to get back into shape as well.

Today, I opted out of stress, and I made it to theory late because I wanted to shower and eat breakfast. Good call: it ended up being a guest lecturer. For how underprepared I felt for aural skills recitation, I managed to fidget a pretty good performance. I had a bagel before warming up for my lesson, and I feel that the absence of playing for the entire spring break helped "marinade" some good habits with my playing. Dr. Perez brought some delicious coconut/pecan/chocolate/oatmeal cookies to Critical Thinking, and I ended up eating four of them. Afro Am. Society was a video analyzing the educational impact of the Little Rock Central High School situation in 1957. I went to Half Fast for a veggie sloppy joe for lunch, and then after that, I had my writing class for more group presentations. In the midst of that time, it snowed heavily outside, and there was even the sound of thunder at one point! I worked out afterwards and did some running and some sprints with Andrew and Dana, and Andrew and I played some basketball afterwards. I co-hosted Ryan's show for pledge drive this evening, and we only made 6 watts for the three hours we were on air. It was still good talking with him, though. I talked more with Sarah, too, after our time was done. It was the first time I had seen her around in a while, and I think I really like seeing her around. She is pretty cute and seems like a generally amiable person. Back at home, I ate leftovers and read more of "The Sprit Catches You And You Fall Down" and am getting marveled by the dichotomy of Western medicine vs. the spirituality of other cultures.

Tired. Rest and exercise are definitely making a substantial improvement in my health.

-c

No comments: