Wednesday, June 9, 2010

colonial state

I promise to myself I will have all the other days "blogged" sometime soon. Vacations are busy.

Today, in Washington DC, it was cloudy and spraying mists of rain. There was venison and pancakes for breakfast, but I only had pancakes. I got all my items together, and I went on an extensive bike ride into the city today. I went over the Woodrow Wilson bridge into Alexandria, and then I went over the Mt. Vernon trail into downtown DC. There were all sorts of views of the place that I had never seen before because I am so used to seeing the city by automobile. I went to a bike shop close to Georgetown, and I bought a new seat and had it placed on. I had a fun ride throughout the busy streets all over the place, and after going through Columbia Heights, I made way towards Adams Morgan, and I reconnected with the Amsterdam Falafel Shop I remember visiting last time I was here. Again, the food was delicious, and I was very satisfied. I took a wrong turn down Massachusetts Avenue and ended up over by American University, and because it was getting late and because I was getting tired, I took the bus back to downtown, and Mom and Dad met up with me soon in the middle of rush hour. It took us a while to get back home to meet with Grampa and Grandma for the Nationals game, but it did not take us very long to load up, drive over, park, and get into the game. We got there right as they were tossing the ceremonial first pitch, and we went to the bar in outer left field first to get some beers and check out the bar overlooking the field. We went to our seats afterwards, and Grampa and Grandma had hooked us up with some pretty amazing seats in the middle level, just to the left of home plate. We had a good time watching the game and eating lots of food and having some more beers, and luckily the weather stayed fair for the entire game. The Natty's won a good game against the Pirates again, I bought a new hat, and after I drove everybody home, all seemed pretty well.

We're doing a barbecue tomorrow evening with Uncle Dave and that crew, and as far as what's to come for daytime, I'm not sure yet, but I would not mind going back to downtown and spending some time at the museums, hopefully.

I'm wiped from today's ride. Good night.

-c

No comments: