Sunday, June 13, 2010

Siento bien.

Another day at the beach.

I woke up this morning and went on a lengthy run along the coast. I did a good number of miles to Nags Head pier, and by time I arrived, I was breaking down because of the heat. Wish I brought a water bottle. I did some walking and some more jogging on the trip back, and back at the house, Dad was cooking breakfast. We had an egg frittata with fruit and hash browns, and it was delicious. After doing some more spanish notecards on my computer, I joined the family down at the beach for the day. We spent the time in the sand, relaxing, tanning, and kicking back. The water was pretty cold, the air was breezy, and the sun was shining bright.We had some pizza for lunch. I went back sometime later, took a shower, and hung around looking for friends through CouchSurfing while everyone else was getting dinner together. We had BBQ chicken, sauteed green beans, corn on the cob, and some white wine, finished with some peach pie and vanilla ice cream. After doing the dishes, Dad and I went on a bike ride down the beach road for a couple of miles, and we were back before the sun had set. I spent some time playing trombone and doing some more language study. I felt somewhat overwhelmed tonight by all the words and studying, but I suppose this is one of the very testy stages of learning these languages, and I just have to remind myself to stay strong and have a positive attitude. Same with feeling my romantic inhibitions today as well. I dream about having a girlfriend and doing all those other things, but I still feel lost about those desires, yet I feel like I'm going to find the love of my life every single place that I go, like it's always in the back of my mind and consuming my attention anywhere.

Well hey, it's the beach, what is there to worry about? There were more strangers saying hi today, so I guess everybody out here has a chance to escape themselves for a while.

-c

No comments: