Friday, June 25, 2010

feeling it all around

Dad and I woke up around 9 am this morning. Jim cooked us some scrambled eggs with bell peppers, coffee, and some cranberry/walnut bread with butter for breakfast. After we all got ready and after Judy got back from going to Walgreens, we took a day trip out to the Lac du Flambeau Ojibwe reservation. We spent some time at the replica village called Waswagoning, and we had a kind woman show us around the replica wigwams and tools that were at that location. After spending a while there, we went back into town, had some lunch at the buffet inside the casino, and while we wanted to go to the Ojibwe cultural museum, they were closed for the day. I fell asleep on the way home, and we spent the afternoon watching a movie called Escanaba in da Moonlight. It started to rain pretty heavily just as we finished, and we had some dinner at this bar called the Liberty Bell in nearby Hurley, Wisconsin, and we had some Spotted Cow ale and a lot of salad and pizza. We took a cruise down to the shoreline of Lake Superior nearby afterwards, and on the drive back home through the dense forests, the fog was really dense and thick. I had some strawberry shortcake, and after some chatting around, I need to get to bed so that we can get on the road to Minneapolis early tomorrow.

More adventures! But I think once I get back home in the next couple of days, I'll be coming in with a completely refreshed attitude and love for my home.

Good times.

-c

No comments: