Friday, January 14, 2011

another 12 minute attempt to put the massive amounts of introspective moments into condensed blog form

Sometimes I think there is nothing better then just overexagerrating the use of metaphorical and descriptive context. There's a lot of weird things that you can simply do with the English language (or possible many other languages?) that can make you sound like a completely different person from everybody else, but sometime they can be really stupid! Daniel and I spent some time tonight just talking about the usage of the language without commas. Without such commas, not one person would be able to actually distinguish a pause in thoughts within a sentence, I guess.

Aaaah! Sorry, all this is the result of a massive stimulus overload.

Is it better that I notice all these things, or not?

This morning started with a most routinely welcome bowl of Trader Joes O's, maple pecan granola, and soymilk and orange juice. I did not have any class today, so I used the opportunity to not rush out of bed, and actually spend an even more deliberate amount of time just getting prepared. You know, all the small bullshit like dabbing the cologne in the right spots and getting the hair looking slick. I chilled with some Larry, and then I brought all my syllabuses (syllabi?) to Folsom St., got a medium of the dark roast, and banged out assignments into my planner, all while jamming to Art Blakey on the iPod. At one point I saw the girl I had a semi-crush that works there, as at this time she was fixated on her laptop by the counter, but I don't think I felt those kinds of feelings anymore. I just saw her as another human, just another person, instead of me actually trying to treat her like some chick on a pedastol that I feel that I do with so many girls in my life. It's like part of me always pursues that kind of deep underthinking, where inside of me, there's always this one part that fights my outlandish side of my brain with a notion that there is a "chance" inside every girl that she might just all of a sudden see me in a different way one day and then throw her body all over me. Crazy, right?

After cranking out almost all the dates of my assignments for this semester (booyah, first week of class), I came home, played some piano, and then rode my bike to school to join some students in this Native student conference. They had some really nice speakers give some great talks, and this one storyteller by the name of Tim was incredibly funny to listen to. I hope I have the gift of storytelling like he has someday in my life. So anyways, I also had a good time talking with my counselor Sue and other representatives from around the Boulder area, who work with social organizations around here, and it was a good opportunity to get a lead to some paid areas of work in the kinds of fields that I want to get into. I left, went to the bank to put all the rent money I need for this year into my savings account, and then spent some time at the printmaking studio transferring my image to my linoleum plate. It was nice to be the only one in the studio for a short amount of work time, but also kinda creepy and desolate. I opted to give my trombone chops a "rest day" and came home and did some drawing instead. I spent some time just drawing pictures of friends from Facebook photos, and then me, Sebass, and Daniel walked over and met JJ at Chipotle for some dinner burritos. We came back to my place, chilled with some buds, and then JJ and I had a little freak-out session with my guitar and Ableton. Ben came over after his synagogue gig, and out of sheer instinct, we ate a tootsie roll and went over to the movie theater for True Grit. I would like to imagine that I could just in one sitting put all my thoughts and reflections from such a powerful move as the one I saw tonight, but I think that would be far too much to comprehend. It was that great of a movie! I think the act of Rooster Cogburn was one of the most witty, comical, and convincing performances of recent movie memory. The story was gripping, the attention to historigraphical accuracy, setting, and feel was great, all the characters were incredibly interesting, and the part of Rooster pulling the girl back to civilization, even with the killing of the horse, was incredibly powerful. Even the killing of the horse was kind of another moment to remind us that not everything that makes the "good ending" can ever truly exist in our minds, as yes, indeed, it was disturbing to the mind and the heart to watch that scene.

Agh. Like said, too much to discuss, but if it could be generalized, then I would say the Coen Brothers may have created a new image of badassery that could be found in a lot of ways in the character of Cogburn. However, I am not sure if I could identify with the complete drunk part of his life...

No comments: