Who really reads these anymore?
I think one of the biggest problems I will always have in my life is my own issues surrounding education. I just watched this Louis CK special with Daniel a couple of nights ago, and he likes to talk a lot about the nature of cell phones and technology, and just about how humans can just easily forget, in historiographical terms, how much of a miracle it is that we can have cellular communication today. He had a funny bit where he talked about someone saying they "hate Verizon" because it turned off for a minute. While that not might seem so funny talking about it on here, it was hilarious to watch him do the impression.
So with those kinds of thoughts in my mind, I feel like a lot of people I know just really suck with their cell phones. Even me still sometimes. I just feel like we have such easy access to call so many people in our lives at the press of a button and a series of menus, and yet we still have trouble trying to actually communicate and pick up the phone or respond. The whole damned thing is just great for technological convenience but an evil force on sheer human manners.
(Ok, honestly, by this point, I think this thing has become a source for just complete stream-of-consciousness writings...maybe I've just truly lost my mind for sure, but I really don't give a shit about it anymore.)
So yes, back to why the hell I would want to talk about cell phones in the first place: I know too many people who just suck with their cell phones! Suck, suck suck. And sometimes myself included too. And even my family. Nobody ever has the will to look at the damned thing, see a missed call with some form ot text and/or voice message sitting in whatever unseen "memory keeper" of that message (where the hell do these kinds of things go anyways?) and actually think in their minds "oh! maybe I should actually call this person back right away because he's friggin' calling me now!"
But for some reason that doesn't happen very often. I dunno why, it's an egotistic way to think about it, but I feel like I am fairly more capable with a response with my cell phone then most people. Hey, you don't give a fuck, you're just reading this blog, so I guess this is a good place to write whatever the hell I want and not have too many people criticize me for these kinds of thoughts.
It's not even like anyone probably reads this too much anymore...just as bad as people are with their cell phones, I think I know a lot of people that just don't care to check in on what others are doing with their lives on the internet. Again, how long ago was it that the US used the Pony Express and archaic-film processing technologies to have any form of transferrable medium and physical evidence to the rest of the world? We should be fucking using these things every day! Damned be the ones who argue against the privilege of technology: as long as its here, and as long as I'm alive, I'm gonna be using this shit. And using it good.
Ok, those are all those random quips for now...I just get upset sometimes to the point of sheltering myself into my room again and to weirdly feel better about myself by spending my alone time dreaming of all the things I want to be in my life. It's a weird process. But this afternoon, I just showed up to a proposed location (proposed via text message) at an agreed upon time, and when time came (as I was late as well), the other corresponding person was nowhere to be seen. This led to an attempt from myself to communicate via phone to his phone, only to be redirected by some "robot lady-voice" to a voicemail (again, where the hell is the thing that stores the messages anyways?"), upon which I left a most informative message regarding plans for tonight, and only to be unresponded for the rest of the night. Which left me to find a mutual friend later and have him tell me everything he did with the flawed friend in the time that I sat at the abandoned location for minutes.
Augh. Such weird abstract bullshit to think about all of this. I blame the Nietzche class and all the weird dialetic babble of philosophical terms I've learned from there so far. Maybe my mind isn't really as fucked up as some guys have been throughout a lot of my own life and the history of the world too. Just look at that one kid down in Arizona. Now that's fucking SCARY.
So besides all these thoughts, I had a great today. A bowl of Trader Joes-Os with Silk Soymilk and maple pecan granola, a nice bus ride enjoying a "warm 34" degrees outside, compared to the ass-cold temperatures earlier in the week, a good discussion, a good coffee, a good talk in Ethnic Studies, a rekindling of interests with other professors, a getting to know of other professors I've never known so well, a great smothered pizza, an afternoon sesh with Larry, a peaceful and fun jazz rehearsal, an invigorating run and session at the gym, a good dinner with good friends, and one more good introspectively enlightening good time with Larry. That's how every day should go, in some form or another.
-c
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment