Thursday, September 10, 2009

Larry's Brownies

Today was a kinda late start. Umm. The night before at the bars kinda hung on to me in the morning, but SLHS class was not too bad. Actually kinda interesting to study the brain areas affected by damage and language capacity. Went to Roma afterwards to read some more of "When the Emperor Was Divine" and have a cup of coffee and a cranberry walnut bagel with cream cheese. Back on campus, I was running into everyone at the UMC...Nate, Jacqueline, Amber, everyone was just all around. I got the tickets from a girl for Monolith this weekend, and then I got ready for my show downstairs. I also had a bowl of veggie chili from the Alfred Packer Grill. My show was pretty good, I suppose. Not nearly as much music as I had been stoked on the week before, but overall I enjoyed my selections. At one point, I got kinda self-conscious for putting on some dub and having this girl in the station tell me "you are really playing THIS?", but then I realized I should not give a shit what anyone else thinks. Which is probably why I also played the demolishing metal track Mattle recommended to me. I had jazz rehearsal afterwards, and my chops just felt super flaky today. I wasn't too happy about it, but I suppose I still made the best out of rehearsal. I mean, I still enjoyed it. Afterwards, I came home, changed, and then hit the gym to keep up with core performance. I almost feel with this intense portion of the program, if you miss one day, it is a lot like antibiotic medication: you gotta do it all and do it efficiently, or you don't do it, get so much out, and then have to start over all again, maybe even with more difficulty. There was also an attractive girl that seemed pretty nice at the counter as well. Again, love is a fucking joke. I showered at home after everything, and then Kenny, Daniel, Chey and I went to Illegal Pete's for dinner. Back at home, Daniel and I had some Smash Bros for a bit.

Now it is time to get some math done and try to get to bed at a decent time.

Guess that is some progress for today.

-c

No comments: