Wednesday, September 2, 2009

searching for martyrs

Today was pretty chill. Cook and I had breakfast at the Village Coffee Shop, and I had a blueberry pancake and some of the most golden-brown and buttery hash browns with an egg cracked over the top. I enjoyed Anthropology this morning with a great professor, and we talked a lot about Linnaeus and Darwin and the classification of animals. I came home to work on some music on the laptop and finish some math homework before going to math and studying up on some standard notation. Afterwards, I ate an awesome vegan cookie at a campus coffee shop, and then printed off some reading at the music school before going to the bookstore really quickly and then going to my contemporary literature class. We talked a lot about war poems, but I was actually at one point getting almost uncomfortably embarrassed listening to some of the students' interpretations of some of the authors' words. I guess everyone is free to some interpretation, but it just was not making any sense to me at all. I biked over to the bike store to get a pedal fixed, and then I ended up spending too much time at Robb's music looking for a connector for a DC power input. I found out that there needs to be certain connections involved to run a daisy chain to power a pedal board, so I ended up buying a pretty sweet tuner that is able to run the chain to all the pedals I am collecting right now. I also had some fun messing around with a lot of tambourines. After stopping at home to fix up a bagel with cream cheese and hummus, I booked it to my Japanese American Internment class to talk about the logistics of oral and written history. I played some trombone afterwards, and by time I got home, I was so cooked from the day that I did not go to the gym and work out like I had planned.

I guess some breaks are okay every once in a while.

Laura sent me a text, saying that she and her mom made it safely to Minnesota. She also said some really nice things from hearing from me, that "sleep will be the best ever now" and that "morning will just be surreal".

*sigh*

-c

No comments: