Rockin- Joanna Newsom
Yay for having disk space on my laptop! Too bad some things are still iffy with Ableton right now, though. Is this bad boy just getting too old?
The rain still has not let up this week. I woke this morning to Cookie peeping into my room, and after a prolonged awakening, we went to Walnut Cafe for a decadent brunch of Sunrise Sandwiches and Strawberry Waffles. We spent some time at Borders afterwards, and I got inspired reading through all the books I want to read, as well as looking through all these magazines and Time's "100 Most Inspiring People" for 2010. Back at home, I spent a while playing piano, guitar, and piano, and in the midst of it all I wrote another quick letter to Laura. Daniel and I smashed later on, and after some more trombone practice, all of us plus some others went to Sherpa's for dinner with Daniel's father, in town for business. Andrew and I chowed down the Sherpa's Sampler, and I was able to clean the plate, at the expense of having a VERY full stomach afterwards. We went on a walk on Pearl St in the drizzling rain, and though it was cold, it still was nice to be walking around, though the mall was desolate tonight. I read some more Billy Bathgate back at home, and I just spent a good chunk of time getting files backed up on the external hard drive, as well as sorting through all my stuff and finally installing Final Cut Pro. Movie time!
Michelle talked with me online for a while, following a text saying "I miss you" earlier on. Some part of me sees through what she tells me with her relationship with Evan in a way that says that relatinoship might not last too much longer. Maybe it's because they've gone out for such a long time, but it almost seems more and more that she's longing for me again lately. I guess we'll always be pretty good friends.
I think E.L. Doctorow put up one of the most profoundly true descriptions I have ever read in my life, as I read it for the first time earlier this evening. Not to particularly focus on sex or anything, but it almost defines these ideas of romance in general:
"This was the moment I began to understand that you can't remember sex. You can remember the fact of it, and recall the setting, and even the details, but the sex of the sex cannot be remembered, the substantive truth of it, it is by nature self-erasing, you can remember its anatomy and be left with a judgement as to the degree of your liking of it, but whatever it is as a splurge of being, as a loss, as a charge of the conviction of love stopping your heart like your execution, there is no memory of it in the brain, only the deduction that it happened and that the time passed, leaving you with a silhouette that you want to fill in again."
Anyways, more pictures to come soon, hopefully. G'night.
-c
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment