Wednesday, May 26, 2010

steps

Today I woke up at Grandma's house, and I felt much healthier and stronger then the day before. I packed my belongings, and after some phone calls and some tea brewing, I was on the road back to Albuquerque. It was a fairly quick drive, aided with some help from The Morning Benders, Flying Lotus, and This American Life, and I was back at home by 12:40. I settled in, gave Mom a hug, and had a warm bowl of chicken noodle soup to start pumping calories into my body. I went to REI for their anniversary sale, and I purchased a new sleeping bag, sunglasses, and a nice pair of Prana pants. I was not back at home for very long before Mom and I went to Trader Joe's and got a bunch of snacks for our road trip, as well as a bunch of produce for the rest of this week. I helped Mom with some dishes and some dinner preparation, and after practicing some trombone, we had dinner on the outside table in some lush 80 degree Albuquerque weather. I played some more trombone, and Dad showed up from work in the midst of some self-made jam sessions. I went to Smiths to buy some vodka for Chey and her friends, and then I chilled at Satellite with some books and some studying of Jicarilla Apache, and back at home, I hung out with Chey and her friends in the backyard for a while. They seemed pretty tipsy.

It's good to remind myself the importance of taking things in gradual steps. Doing a little each day, taking to mind that there are 365 days in a year, taking to mind as well that everybody tells me that I'm still young for my age, will inevitably continue to make me a stronger, more knowledgable person in many perspectives. There's so much to come, so no rush, right?

Also, more updates to come for the past couple of days. I fell behind!

-c

No comments: