Sunday, May 30, 2010

Give it get up, get up, on and on

Woke up pretty late today. The sun was shining bright over Albuquerque, and the heat was coming in strong. I showered, and my idea of a bowl of cereal was subsided by Dad bringing home pizza for all of us. Grandma and Uncle J. showed up unexpectedly for lunch, but all they did was pick up the flatscreen TV Grandma had won at a casino a while ago. The afternoon was spent messing around on the trombone and my laptop. At one point, Dad and I were riding our bikes around the neighborhood for a short while, and after more music, Mom and Dad cooked some burgers and potato salad for dinner. Probably the most red meat I've had in a while. I went on a nice bike ride around the neighborhoods in the area, and I reminisced at all the parks I used to hang out with my friends in high school. All sorts of memories. I also went by Dennis Chavez to scope how much the playground has changed, yet their cafeteria is still in the same place when I attended there. I went by Mrs. Foote's portable, as well as Ms. Franchell's, and I thought about how small the school felt, yet how big it felt to me at that elementary age. On the way home, my chain popped out, and I couldn't get it fixed together and actually ended up getting a flat tire. I ran into Alex Taft on his bike down in front of Desert Ridge, and after walking my bike home with him, he took off oddly and quickly. I did some more music, and then Dad and I went to Flying Star to get some dessert, and we saw Trevor's little sister Susanna, as well as a girl, Audrey, who I remembered from Andrew's parties at his house and all the friends that we now know together from Eldorado. However, she recognized me, for that matter. We swung by Smiths, looking for some brass cream (no luck), and back at home, I worked more on an ongoing song, and later I was hanging out with Chey, Alan, and Jessica, and after showing them the track I'm working on, we spent a good deal of time watching ridiculous YouTube videos. Alan showed me some cool music sites and artists, and since then, I've been delaying sleep by still meandering on here. Funny how that happens.

Road trip in two days. What am I gonna do with myself when I'm NOT driving crazy distances?

-c

No comments: