Saturday's events pretty much started with DJing at Buffalo Exchange a bunch of funk music. I got paid 50 bucks in a gift certificate! I bought a coat and a cool shirt. By then it was already 6 at night, so I worked out somewhat at home, took a shower, and after Andrew was ready, we went over to the Blue Note Records 70th anniversary show at the Boulder Theater. Absolutely fucking incredible. I was just taken away so, so much by the sheer talent of these guys, and I feel now at a moment where I have to think about it over and over and over again to ever feel that I can be as those guys are within the whole realm of musicianship. Andrew and I got sushi and sake at Hapa afterwards, and as Andrew was going to meet Amanda and Curtis at the Foundry, I took off for home, only to run into Dana, her bf, Kait, and another guy, all biking down the street. We chilled at Kait's for a little while, and then the night pretty much ended by 1:45 or so.
Sunday involved a pretty calm day. I went to the radio station to pick up and fix my bike, and the afternoon ended up turning into going out for coffee with Carolyn at Roma and sitting outside, as the temperature was 60 something degrees and the sky was completely clear. We talked a lot just about some deeper insights into the whole realm of artistry, and I remember her telling me just how incredible it was to her of her dad's work as an artist. The big thing I remember was her saying that the level of his artwork was so good that he was able to hold a four person household as the sole worker of the family. I fixed up the bike with a new rear tube and a good degreasing of dirt and grime off of the frame. Afterwards I stopped by the station to do some CD reviews, and then I worked out at the Rec Center with Andrew, Danny, and Jacqueline. Back at home, I showered, and we made some tofu stir fry rice. I met Charles, Katherine, and some others at the Dark Horse later on for Charles' birthday, and by 10 pm we hung out at his place playing video games and listening to Devo and Led Zeppelin records. The night ended with a text from Dana, asking "What's up?," soon to be followed by "Are you ok dude?" this morning, in response to an envelope I left on her doorstop with ten bucks I owed her and the small ram trinket that was covered in red stones and brass that she gave for my birthday.
Today, Andrew, Malina and I went on a hike. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, yet again. We biked all the way to Chataqua and took the Royal Arch trail to the southern vista of the Flatirons. On the hike down, Malina gave me some good advice to handle the Kelly situation at the moment. I feel scared when sometimes there is a lack of communication, but this is a deal that I just have to set aside for now and keep going on my homework to make myself better and away from harmful obsessions. We got smoothies and Half Fast afterwards, and then I practiced trombone before going to the radio station for street team. I did not feel like being around there for very long, it was just one of those moments I guess.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment