This local Denver shoegazer band, A Shoreline Dream, has a pretty fucking amazing CD that is in rotation right now, and I have listened to this album Recollections Of Memory twice since yesterday.
Yesterday was productive. Art Spiegelman's "Comix 101" presentation was incredible. I would not have even imagined the artistic intricacy of comic strips, but just in the way that a series of images can work to tell a story on a page is so variable, much more further then a way that he defined as the simplistic take of just "lines on paper," and the whole history array from the days of Katzenjammer Kids into Marvel and then into the ream of the "underground" is so huge. Inspired I am. An hour and a half incredibly well spent.
Sean's recital was afterwards, and understandably there were some playing mistakes, as the trombone is, to my experience these days, an incredibly physically involved instrument, but for the most part, he is an incredibly gifted trombonist, and there were moments that I soaked into my skin for my own practicing, which went down afterwards. The focus for the semester is "sound," a regiment to see how much I can connect with my instrument and my own sound, and importantly out of that, how I can have security with my instrument with that sound.
Dad and I had a great conversation last night about Inauguration experiences (and woes), my experience last Saturday night, and the whole realm of "10,000" hours, which is a theoretical number of hours one must spend to do anything before she/he can ever become truly gifted to craft anything with her/his lifetime.
Andrew and Malina made some tasty pasta, and I watched the end of Analyze This with them before messing with some recording, and then finally going to bed. Too late, once again.
It is 12 degrees outside right now. Music classes wore me out this morning, I took a short nap in a practice room, grabbed some coffee and a croissant, finished a paper at the radio station, and have one more class and some practicing for the rest of today. I tried avoiding Kelly today, but inevitably some part of me still remained after class outside of the building to talk to her at least a little. She was sorry for missing yesterday. I stated that I understood that everyone is busy these days, but I did state that the easiest person I feel like I can make time for anymore right now is no one but myself.
But now that I think about that moment, I am not sure if it is a good thing that I possibly may be trying to make people feel guilty for not spending time with me (or maybe for other reasons as well). It is not necessarily that I call people directly out, but I definitely do not greet them with a big ol' cheery face for every time I see them around after every failed commitment...
And then that in turn makes me feel what I am worth to people, I guess.
And in the midst of this writing comes another text from aforementioned person...
"I just wanted to say that I hope u have a wonderful day, u seemed a little down earlier but its probably just bc its freezing out! :)"
Somebody, please, make up my mind. Or try to at least understand me.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment