Today was beautiful. I woke up at Catie's parent's house in Littleton, and Cook and I drove to Englewood, got some donuts at Lamar's, and got to Broken Tee GC with some time to practice on the range for a quick bit. Cook caddied for me, and we had a blast out on the course walking together and playing the course together, and the weather held out to a temperate partly cloudy day that cleared up even more as the day grew later. I shot 84 with some trouble with my short game, but I had a 322 yard drive and a 100 yd approach to less then a foot on the 16th hole! And the course in general for the price was the best deal I have played in Colorado so far. I will definitely return. Cook and I went to Breckenridge Brewery afterwards for a lunch of barbecue goods and summer ales, and we went back to Littleton for a bit before driving to Cook and Catie's place really quickly and then to "Dick's" Field for some ultimate frisbee. Cook and I kinda owned and were playing a lot better then most of the other participants, but it was still pretty fun. I drove back to Boulder in the evening, took a quick shower, and then hung out at the Laughing Goat jam session with a lot of the CU jazzers and got to play shortly for the last tune. I hung out with Emily afterwards by going with her to Cosmos, and we ate our pizza while walking around the Hill for a while conversing about lots of stuff. I think she is one of the more intriguing individuals I enjoy talking with these days. Back at home, Andrew and Curtis were kinda baked, and we talked for a while to end the night.
Today was a good recovery from how depressed and stressed out I got yesterday. I guess a little sun fixes up the emotions.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment