Today was started by a call from the Jicarilla HEP declaring that I needed to get my two scholarship submissions or else my packet was not going to be completed. Crap. I biked to campus and went to work reapplying to WAMS, but in that moment, I felt the guilt of not fulfilling obligations to the organization much earlier, and I think I took an inner vow to stay in better touch with them this school year. So yeah, the afternoon was spent getting my shit together, and fortunately I had a complete packet before the 5 o'clock deadline. I went to Flatirons GC to hit some balls afterwards, and what was a good session, also with Grady coming down with Vicki, turned into much too short of a practice when the thunderstorms came in AGAIN. I told Grady I would give him a ride home, but then he popped the idea of getting the Taco Bell Rockies deal: because they scored more then seven runs yesterday, all the Denver area Taco Bells served four tacos for a cheap price. I do not eat beef, though. We picked up his roommates and had a semi-dinner there, and after dropping them off, I finished my practice session back at the course with more work on short game and putting, with a little work with my driver as well. Back at home, Andrew made some fried rice with vegetables, and the roommates and I ate together and talked for a while. The night concluded with a quick jog and the start of my experiment with this "Core Performance" workout Cookie talked me into. I think already I am getting some feedback...upon the completion of the "Movement Prep" sequence, I never realized how tight my thighs were, and I almost felt like going back to the range and hitting balls again with my new-found sense of flexibility.
This past weekend was nice to spend with the parents, but by the time on Sunday where we were dawdling around shops and bars all afternoon, I started thinking about home again and all the exercise, reading, and practicing that I wanted to get back to. Today was a great way to get back into that sort of attitude. The end of last night was also incredible, as I picked up my friend Emily, and we spent the night hanging out at the house with all the roommates awake and chit-chatting. Emily and I had some good deep conversation in my room for a while, and before I left her at her friend's house, we went to the house's backyard to watch all the lightning from the visible storms in Northern Colorado. Incredible stuff.
So getting the application packet complete was one good feeling of "accomplishment" today, and the start of this workout feels like another. The only way to go is to keep going!
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment