-c
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Hailstorms!
I woke up midday to hail pounding the top of our house around 12:45 or so. It was pretty nuts to see such weather in Boulder for the first time in my experience here. I spent the afternoon watching the Memorial tournament on TV while the weather continued to wreak havoc outside, and watching Tiger Woods throw down an incredible round was invigorating to my inner-senses of motivation. The more and more I obsess with golf, the more that I want to achieve with golf these days, and though I have some very, very distant dreams of playing on the PGA Tour, or, at the very least, having a game to go to a USGA qualifier sometime next year, I have those thoughts to keep me playing only my very best every round. When the weather cleared, I went outside for a run around Boulder, and it felt like the entire time I carried my stupid grin on my face while pushing myself pretty hard today while listening to Interpol, again stimulated by motivation and effort. I took a shower at home and made a quick trip to Sunflower to make a stir-fry for dinner of broccoli, bean sprouts, mushrooms, onions, and tofu, with some rice, and I ate while watching the Lakers beat the Magic for game 2 of the NBA finals. I spent the evening working more on some piano harmonizations for Giant Steps, playing along with my drum machine, and then talking to Grady tonight, I finally planned a round with him at Broken Tee, again, down in Englewood, for early Wednesday morning. I also put a tee time for Dad and I at Fossil Trace at 7 am this Friday, so there is a LOT of great golf to be had this week. And the more I am visualizing these rounds in my head right now, the more that I see some of my favorite scenes of summer going through my sensual memories...early morning dew, breakfast burritos, the one-directional traces of sunlight coming from the eastern horizon, the feeling of having the whole day ahead of you when the round is over...just one of the many arousals that keep my love of the game alive. And I hope that I get to enjoy those sensations for the rest of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment