Monday, June 1, 2009

Free

Today started with having to try more then once to wake up. Once I was out, I biked to Foolish Craig's for an "early morning" special of a cheese, egg, and veggie sausage sandwich. I went to the Flatirons Golf Course afterwards to hit some more balls, and for a while on the pitching green, everything had a hinge of feeling "second-nature" for some of the pitch shots I was practicing. Back at home, I had a PB & J and took a nap before attempting to read some more of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, but I fear that the story may have turned into some more overly-self-expressive philosophical mumbo-jumbo that I am not digging. I took a nap and spent the afternoon practicing all sorts of music...trombone, guitar, working on some beats...it felt like more of a time-killer then an actual project, however. I went for a run in the evening, and over by the library I ran into Kiska and a friend of hers, and she told me to come by later on. I also saw Britain and Ana in their front yard during the run, and back home, I walked in to an open front door to hear Andrew definitely having sex in his room with Kelly. Lolz. I went to Sunflower for some groceries, and after a shower, I made some spaghetti with steamed broccoli and an already made focaccia. After that, I baked some cookies for the house and to take to Kiska's house, and after driving through a steady downpour to the Hill, I hung out with Kiska and her friends, which basically consisted of everyone hanging out, painting a coffee table, talking, and passing around a guitar and singing songs for each other. It was pretty chill, everybody was friendly and I enjoyed myself. I kinda saw that Kiska is a bit of a "party-girl" type, though (which seems to be the case for a lot of Hill dwellers), but she still is pretty cute. The night ended with one of her roommates bringing out a baked salmon to share, and the flavor left a saliva-inducing taste. Pretty delicious.

I hope the rain lays back a little tomorrow so that I can spend some more time hitting golf balls, but hey, maybe a little setback and even more relaxation might not hurt, either.

-c

No comments: