Monday, June 22, 2009

It's way too late/To be this wrapped inside ourselves

Today was full of good things. I woke up for my interview with a shower and a bowl of cereal, and after driving over and talking to some other workers in the maintenance building, I met with Ryan, the manager, and it seemed that all he wanted to hear from me is some dedication and some will for hard work for this summer. It was a pretty pain-free interview, and I was hired! I celebrated the event by going to play the course, and I was paired with these two really young players. In front of us were two senior foursomes that were painstakingly slow. I could only handle it for nine holes, as I kinda gave up my round after an initial very-well played birdie on the first hole. I practiced all afternoon before going home and grabbing a sandwich at Paradise and then biking to Grady's house. We chilled for a bit, and he introduced me to "lifeball". I biked to the creek to chill and dip my feet in the water, and I zoned out listening to Beach House and Elliott Smith. I stopped by home and then went to the rec center to continue my workout, and today was nice, as it was just a lot of stretching and working on some "prehab" routines. I went for a jog, had to break into my house, took another shower, got two fish taco meals at Wahoo's, and then I met Taylor at the Apple store so that we could eat together and hang out. We sat outside and ate in the light rain while watching a giant lightning storm brewing towards the northern view from Boulder. I think the night is going to end with a couple of episodes of Arrested Development, and then I feel like golfing again tomorrow morning. Maybe a little more legit of a round then today.

What is the definition of egotistic? Is it when one sounds pretentious over others for false accusations, maybe one that does not listen well to the feelings and understandings of others? I sure feel that way these days when I state that I have not called any friends to hang out in a while, and I feel it is there right to call me back. However, I feel that does not seem right because I have had time after time trying to do something with these people, these "friends," and I always feel like I am the one trying to spark any sort of social interaction most of the time. Maybe I am idolizing certain people for other intentions, mainly a chance at romance. I do not think that is the best way to go for such matters, and I have somewhat of a feeling that notion frightens these individuals away.

Fuck it. Stay strong to yourself and your family.

-c

No comments: