Monday, March 8, 2010

"Get off your ass and do something!"

Weekend was pretty chill. I spent Saturday outside, grabbing some coffee at Espresso Roma, and I had some good times talking with Arj and some others, followed by reading some more of Discipline and Punish by Michel Foucault. I stopped by a vintage store on the Hill that I had not seen before, and I met a guy by the name of Albert, and he seems like a really cool indie-guy that's into bikes and indie music and everything. I practiced some trombone afterward, and then I went home and played some Smash Bros. Cook, Catie, Daniel and I went to Laudisio for happy hour, and then I went to Albert's house to look at a lugged road frame, which he's gonna beadblast and sell to me for thirty bucks. We talked about some musical aspirations for a while, and he showed me a bunch of tracks he put together in Garageband, and we agreed to jam out sometime soon. Back at home, I worked with Ableton while Catie cooked together a delicious Brazilian fish stew, and after dinner and more jammage, Daniel, Andrew, Tia, Chey, J. Funk and I went to Roane's birthday party. It was not too crazy of a scene, mainly people just hanging out and drinking beer. There was a cool bonfire in the backyard at one point. I gave Chey and her friends an early ride home, and I spent the rest of the night at the party talking to ANOTHER Laura I met, and we had some fun discussions about music and other things.

Sunday was relaxed. I pretty much went to Roma and got coffee again, as well as reading more Foucault, as well as running into Arj again. During trombone practice, I dinged my slide in my jazz horn, so that was a bummer, as it now needs to be repaired. I grabbed some food at home, also ran into Alex and Alyssa, and after chatting with Neal online, I went to the Church of the Scum of the Earth down in Denver. It was a cool experience, a Church that isn't so church-like. I just got done writing a paper about the whole experience, so I'll just refer to that to describe what happened. I got some GoodTimes shakes and went to visit Emelye for a while, and we talked about all sorts of social theologies and similarities. Her roommate Evan came out, and we had some goofy fun discussions about all sorts of things. By 11:20, I peaced outta there, by 12:30, I was back at home, and by 1:30 I was finally asleep.

Gray weather right now signifies a desire to stay inside and get shit done. I JUST got done with the religious paper, and now I need to keep on movin' with other things this week. I have not even started my literature review yet, but I'm not too concerned.

In any case, I'm making dinner at ANOTHER Emily's house tonight. Have not seen her around in a while, so it should be a good experience.

-c

No comments: