Rockin'- Radiohead's "Hail to the Thief"
Man oh man, hump day indeed. And it isn't quite over yet.
Recitation this morning was pretty interesting. All this talk about the medieval perspective on Christianity is getting pretty intense. I grabbed coffee at Roma afterwards and sat outside and started reading "Always Running". Talk about captivating...the recollections of a former L.A. gang member and his change in identity as a criminal to a social scientist and thinker. I ran into a bunch of people I knew again, and again I spent some time talking and hanging out. I went to the UMC, stopped by 1190 to say hi to the radio folk, and then I went to the Oyate open house and grabbed some free food and talked and hung out with Chey and the other members. I grabbed free pizza at the housing fair, entered to win a flatscreen tv (crossing my fingers), and then I had a real interesting lecture in Christian Traditions, again with more interpretations about medieval Christianity. I talked with Renee outside for a while afterwards, and as it started snowing in Boulder, I met Sebass at Half Fast to eat and hang out (though all I ordered was a cookie). Chicana studies today was incredible. We did some more talks about the prison systems and the various workings of sexualization and racial power that still exist inside the prisons, and there were all these different examinations of the different Mexican, Black, and Aryan gangs inside these institutions. Incredible stuff. I watched an Oytate-presented movie afterwards in the Humanities building, and the film was a documentary about the Miss Navajo Pageant and the types of tribal heritage and beliefs required to be Miss Navajo. We had a cool discussion afterwards, and again I got to talk and get to know the Oyate students and leaders better. I did some work at the music school, and then I worked out by 10 o'clock, a pretty late start. I felt the gas running low by the end of the workout, but I'm really glad that I still went. I showered, ate dinner, and played Smash Bros with Daniel for a while, and now I'm ready for bed.
Thursday! Bring it!
-c
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment