Today, I didn't do my Augustine paper like I should have for my Christian Traditions class, but I really enjoyed the lecture presented by the Greek Orthodox Church priest. I also gave Renee a mix tape of some "happy" tunes, and though she doesn't seem like a girl of too much emotion, she seemed pretty happy to get an unexpected gift. I did some warming up at the music school, but too much shit was on my mind to make me feel happy playing the trombone. There was an overwhelming sense of doubt at that time. I worked out at the rec center, and after showering at home, I went to Wahoos for dinner before the jazz concert. So while my mind wasn't so sure about playing tonight, as maybe with a lot of the band tonight, we pulled out a pretty good performance with our tunes again, and it definitely was a huge boost in morale for me today. As also was listening to dixieland jazz on KUVO earlier as well. I came home and did some Ableton jamming, and then Andrew and I got some ice cream at Boulder Chill before coming back here and just working on some more music.
This whole BLORK ensemble performance coming up this Sunday is gonna be interesting. Man oh man, we'll see what happens, but I think I've been bitten with the bug to compose again.
And it's a good bug. Better then some other shit in my system that might be going on right now...stinkin' colds.
-c
Monday, March 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment