Thursday, March 4, 2010

slooooow down

Spaced out a lot this entire week.

Everything's been peachy-keen, for the most part, but I've been sick and somewhat depressed for some of these past couple of days. Tuesday is when some things really started dragging me down, and then by Wednesday I didn't go to school at all. Cook and I had a good talk and a great lunch at the Walnut Cafe, and then I spent a good chunk of time at home cleaning the living room and just getting my life sorted out. I also went on a good walk around Boulder and soaked up as much sun as I could get.

That's been one of the surviving things about this week...the welcoming amount of sun that's been spread throughout Boulder these past couple of days. It just energizes people and makes everybody a little more friendly, and I think we are always down with that.

So goes today! More sun! I had anthro lecture this morning, and then I grabbed coffee and a bagel at Espresso Roma. There was a bus and some trucks setting up for a big ol' rail-jam fest going down in front of the place. I went to the music school to practice afterwards, and I tried to spend as much time as I could outside. I met with Professor Facio and had a nice conversation with her about the project and some other personal matters, and I said hi to some other people down in the Ethnic Studies department. I did some more practice, and then I spent a good chunk of time on Norlin Quad hanging out, playing frisbee with these other guys, and doing some stretching and breathing exercises. Again, everybody was hanging out, and the mood was great. I had a lot of fun sightreading in jazz ensemble afterwards, and back at home, I made some dinner and worked on some things with Ableton. I met with Jacob at Macky, and we finally got a cool piece working together, and after lots of tinkering and runs, we have a pretty cool piece to show for tomorrow's bLORK rehearsal.

I'm gonna go sleep off the last of my sickness, and then tomorrow's gonna be great, followed by an awesome weekend.

Here's to good energy.

-c

No comments: