Sunday, August 22, 2010

baklava

I woke up late this morning, as my sleep was NOT good at all yesterday night. But hey, it was some fun, quality time with friends, and a good way to usher in the end of summer. I woke up, got dressed, and after straightening my room and eating some cereal, I met Ben at his house, and him, Erica, and I walked to Whole Foods and got some lunch together. Before that, we spent some time looking at bikes in the outlet sale in front of Bicycle Village. We had a good hot lunch together, and we spent a while talking before heading back to Ben's house and then to mine. Ben and I spent the afternoon writing another song together, with some more baklava, and we had a good time just jamming all the parts together and trying some stuff out. We found out JJ got back home, so we went and hung at his apartment for a while, and JJ bought a flute and some miracas from Guatemala and brought them with him. We were rocking on them inside Sunflower Market while grocery shopping for dinner, and at one point there was this Spanish-speaking worker that asked me about my flute in Spanish, and though I didn't understand him at first, when JJ came over and talked to him, I was able to understand pretty much everything from there on out. We made an awesome green chile tomato pasta for dinner with some yellow zucchini, onions, and mushrooms, and the chile I bought earlier was so hot that it had us all sweating by the end of the meal. We played some Smash Bros for a while, and then everybody left, more then ready to pass out and get ready for the craziness tomorrow.

School is so much fun. Let's make it a good semester.

-c

No comments: