Wednesday, August 25, 2010

naima

Some days I think one or two thoughts get into my head and makes me completely fatigued and ready for sleep.

My two thoughts today that made me do this:

1) I told Laura today my expression that most girls I've met and tried to date in Boulder are already taken, or they are lesbians. From this conclusion, I spent a lot of tonight wondering while I practiced the piano whenever that part of my life will enter my life. I then conceded in my mind that I am just getting stronger in every perspective in my life, whether I consciously realize it or not, and that I'm still growing, and those matters of the opposite sex in my life will come when life lets me know it's coming.

2) Starting an art sketch today for my screenprinting class made me somewhat self-conscious at the state of my drawing ability in my life right now. Doing serious art projects is still something somewhat very new to me, and so I'm thinking a lot about this project we have coming up in the next weeks, and part of me just wants to make something so cool and brilliant that it will garner the attention of everybody in the class.

I like to overponder thing like this in my life, and I think it consumes more of my willpower and energy in my day then I realize. So yes, life is about staying in the moment, right? One draft, overview the draft, make changes...it shouldn't be any different then what's needed to learn an instrument, right? And yes, even getting a girl's attention can be somewhat of a practice as well. Maybe they are right about the whole "mysterious" vibe that holds a huge chunk of his/her life to themselves, except for that one other person. Not in a sexual manner either, just the parts of our lives that really make us different from one another in this whole cosmology of the universe. Same living under one sphere, but yet we hold universes inside our own hearts.

On a completely random note, the water filter that Daniel bought for the house sucks for these reasons:

*It's in the pitcher form, and filling water takes a long fucking time.
*It's taking up room in the fridge.
*The water still tastes weird.

So what happened today? I woke up late because I couldn't sleep very well last night. I woke and toss and turned in fits of weird dreams that I can not remember, and by time I considered waking up entirely, I checked my phone for the time and saw that it was only 3:10 in the morning. Shit.

I had a morning that usually takes an hour go in 15 minutes: I got dressed, threw some deodorant on, got my school stuff together, went to Folsom St., got a coffee and a blueberry scone, and caught the morning HOP to campus, got off a stop early because of slow traffic, and made it just in time to my Faust class. Day 2! Wow, I feel sometimes that I've been in these classes for a while because I've obsessively thought over various subject matters already. Again, overactive mind. We had a good talk about Aristotilian views of the cosmology of the spheres in Earth, and there was a lot of other pretty intense philosophical say-nothings involved in HELMUT'S lecture. I had screenprinting afterwards, and I felt all giddy and excited for the class, as I arrived with my McGuckin's shopping bag full of art and office supplies for the class. We bought the rest of our supplies, and we had our first teacher demo for a straight contact paper acrylic transfer. It looks pretty easy and straightforward, but I'd believe there's a lot of little things that are hard to master.

Aah, I'm geting tired of typing. After screenprinting, I came home for some trombone practice and some lunch, and before I knew it I had to go immediately to my Spanish class. Talk about time vanishing out of nowhere. We had a good time with a class conversation today, and I got to spend a good chunk of time talking in Spanish with Danielle, this pretty, attractive green-eyed blond girl, and we talked about a lot of our own personal interests and parts of our lives. I went to the gym after class and had a good work out, despite being the busiest time of the day. However, during my run, I focused more on landing on the balls of my feet, and I think my ankles are not used to that kind of movement with such a distance of running. I came home, showered, and I met Laura over at the farmer's market. We had some tamales together for dinner, and we spent some time throwing frisbee to one another in the park. We had run into Jordon earlier, who was out at the market with his dog, and he came over to us later on for some frisbee. At one point, he accidentally hit this unsuspecting man in the head, but luckily the guy seemed totally cool with it. We ran into Jordon's super cute friend, and after some time talking and hanging out in the park, we all peaced out to different places. Back at home, I've just gone through all these thoughts again, and all this sometimes just makes me want to go to bed and turn my brain off for a while and let the stupor of dreams and nonsensical visions enter my consciousness.

So yes! I'm already looking forward to go to The Cup tomorrow morning and have my coffee and finish the rest of my Spanish workbook. I can't believe I actually am just about to finish the darn thing!

Good night, keep dreaming.

-c

No comments: