Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh Molly...

So tonight I saw Herald the couchsurfer Facebook-friend a girl I've had a crush on ever since I've seen her around Boulder a few summers ago. Oh man, small world.

Man she's a total heartbreaker!

I did some laundry this morning and had a bagel with hummus at Folsom St while getting stuff done. I did an hour's workout at the gym, and after I picked up laundry later and took a shower, I went to Ben's house to help him bring a couch into his living room. We walked over to Whole Foods afterwards and got a good lunch, and after the walk back to our side of town, I spent the afternoon with Larry and making another beat. Sometimes I have to remind myself like Flying Lotus does to think and remember "why I love doing these things," these things being music to me. So that ate up my afternoon, and after a short evening nap, I drove (and got lost along the way) to Westminster to meet with Erica (the girl I met through JJ) and go to Denver to go see Blitzen Trapper at the Ogden. We chilled with Larry in the car beforehand, and it turned the concert into a fairly intense experience. They were a really tight group, and I think the thing that inspired me the most was the lead singer and his overall musicianship with so many instruments...lead vocals, guitar shreddage, banjo, harmonica, and a mean piano. The guy had it all. Erica and I had a nice time together...nothing romantic, just a good concert-going buddy to watch some shows with.

Alright, what do I have to remind myself? Love, love, love, love, love. And dreams. Those are pretty important, too.

-c

No comments: