Saturday, August 28, 2010

solitude is bliss

So after the heavy night last night, today was a good way to get myself back into shape. I got some coffee in the morning, and then Laith and I went on a hike in the Flatirons up to Green Mountain Peak. The entire time was filled with some very deep conversation. Something about Laith just seems to draw a lot of really awesome thoughts and ideas from my subconscious into the conscious reality. The weather was pretty good for the most part, and we had a nice cloudy descent later in the afternoon. Back at home, I drank three glasses of lemonade and ate a ton of pita chips while watching Spanish soccer. I took a nap, and then I went out and met Laura and her family, as well as Colleen, for dinner at Moongate. The occasion was for Laura's birthday! And the fact that she leaves for Nepal in two days. Crazy. We had a good dinner together, and then we went out and got some birthday cheesecake over at THE Factory. Upon leaving, I ran into Molly outside, sitting on a bench with a sketch pad. Oh Molly, Molly, what a babe. I don't know if she was so into seeing me, though, but I did get her number...I think? Anyways, I walked with Laura and the others and said farewell for a while. I took a walk through Pearl St again, and I decided to go see the Budos Band over at the Fox. It was a good, meditative experience to see those guys rock out, and from there I think my mind still was swarming with a lot of thoughts. I left early, with a poster in hand, and now I'm ready to fall asleep and get some work done tomorrow.

School makes me happy, and I think I've decided that traveling after all this school is done will be the best way to go. I need to sell this piano, too...

-c

No comments: