So goes another weekend with the parents! Just a recap...they came in on Friday, and after Cook and I made a nice trip to Westminster to buy a cymbal from this high schooler, we met Mom and Dad at Steubens for some tasty comfort food. We went back to Cookie's house, Dad and I made a quick trip to Guitar Center, and then we went to Zengo for a mojito/margarita/wine happy hour with a ton of appetizers. We took a cab to the Rockies game, and in the 8th inning, we watched the Rockeis whallop the Cubs and get a new MLB record for straight hits in one inning. We got some drinks and fries over at Falling Rock, and then the night ended with dropping off Cook and Cate and me passing out in the hotel with Mom and Dad.
The next morning, we went to Caribou Coffee, grabbed a mocha, and met with Cook and Cate over at Brasserie Ten Ten for brunch. We went to the farmer's market afterwards, and we got some supplies for dinner that night. After stopping home, we drove to Cate's parent's house for her family gathering, and I played some guitar and sang for everybody. We bought some booze before coming home, and we immediately fired the NEW grill and got the house ready for everybody. A good number of friends came over, as well as cousin Nic, and we all had some fish and chicken tacos, beans, rice, and salad, all prepared and cooked by my parents. The night consisted of a lot of drinking and chillin' with Larry, and there were good times had by all. I ended up falling asleep on the floor in the living room.
Today, we woke up, got ourselves ready, and we had brunch over at Aji. Back at home, Nic took off, and after Mom and Dad got some items together, they left, and as I was cleaning and rearranging my room, Andrew was soon packed and heading out of Boulder for a long, long time. Lots of interesting emotions were running through my mind as he drove off, but for the most part it feels like so many things and everything else should be running busy as ever in Boulder as it should be. I spent a good amount of time cleaning before going with Sebastien to his house to pick up some boxes, and after we hauled them back to this house, he went to work while I continued to work on my room. I helped Ben at his house later on, and we managed to tie a bed spring and a table to the roof of his car and not have it fall off on the way to his apartment. He took me out for dinner at Noodles and Co. afterwards, and back at home, I cleaned my room some more and took a quick drive with Danny to McDonalds to get some stoner munchies.
This week's gonna be nice...in the back of my mind, I can't WAIT to get back to coffee, banana bread, exercise, and more BEAT MAKING.
It's like my job! Or so I hope...so I should treat it like it and not necessarily act like it's a job, right?
-c
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment