Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fighting Self Centrism

Yesterday's morning started off kinda slow. Maybe I was recovering from the amount of sleep I did not get the night before. I ate brunch at the Walnut before going to class. We talked about some of Derrida's theories in Critical Thinking, and then in Afro. Am. Society, we listened to rest of this presentation by this woman about methods of field research for historical and genealogy studies. I practiced in the afternoon, listened to some of Art Lande's performance in Grusin, and then after practicing some more, I met up with Andrew for happy hour at Half Fast for veg sub sandwiches and pints of New Beligium. I saw the cutest girl I have seen in a while, and my attention kinda kept getting distracted to her the entire time, but unfortunately, she was with some friends, and I could not really say anything. I also ran into Nightride Gabe, first time I had seen him around in a while. Back at home, I played some guitar and hung around until Andrew came back, and then we went to the St. Julien to meet Renee and her friends for some drinks. It was pretty fun, and the St. Julien was mad effing glitzy, even more so that there were a ton of people from the Boulder International Film Festival around, and by 12:15 I was already tired and just wanted to come home. However, I was kept up late by YouTube and videos of people with circuit bent toys. Pretty incredible stuff.

Today makes me feel immobile. It is cloudy, 23 degrees, and ice all over the ground. Sucks. I had a weird dream last night. I am unsure how to make sense of the whole memory. I was wandering around this neighborhood and following this little girl around, like we were on some sort of adventure around town. There was this chipmunk and this bird that kept following us around everywhere. I think I kept remembering some thoughts about being afraid that I was gonna step on these guys. There was one part where we were at a swimming pool. There was this one blue bird that looked like a cologne bottle and/or a squeak toy. At one point, the bird dove into the pool and started drowning, and I remember diving in and rescuing it by "squeezing the water" out of it once it was retrieved. From there, this bird kept perching on my finger, as if it knew that I had saved its life.

Weird. Well, even though the weather blows, I am gonna get some shit done today. Being unproductive makes me depressed.

-c

No comments: