Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Nourishment.

When I woke up this morning, the family room lights were on and the morning news was on the TV. Upon entering, I saw Curtis passed out on the futon with Mardi Gras beads covering the table, as well as his whole 420 kit. Kinda funny. I did some yoga in that same room without thinking about the whole situation. The sun was rising as I was doing my stretches, and it made me feel better about getting up so early.

Theory this morning was fairly interesting. We talked more of progressions, and at one point in lecture Professor Chang whips out his LED belt buckles that read "RNS R NOT MALLEABLE!" The class thought it was hilarious. Aural skills was a quiz, which I felt was not too challenging. I went to Roma to grab a vegan banana bran nut muffin and swung by Jones for an orange juice, and I ate and pondered by Farrand Field before warming up for my lesson. Again, it was a good lesson, and again, there were more things pointed out by Bill about how easy I should make the trombone sound to the audience. I did get frustrated at one point, but since then, it has been a matter of realizing that stress like that happens, and the only way to take care of it is to just let it go. I went to Norlin to listen to another candidate speech, and then Afro. Am. family was some more group work about the Moynihan Report. After that, I had a huge brainstorming/typing session in the Mac lab to get my civic engagement paper done, and I actually ended up putting out something fairly comprehensive towards my goals with music and the community in Denver/Boulder. Following that, class was some of the group presentations for our projects, and I felt our group had a lot of information that seemed to be pretty spot-on for our objectives. I think Professor Noorgard felt the same kind of reaction. It is going to be an interesting class.

The afternoon was spent spending more money at Sunflower Market. Today's "suckered-in" purchases consisted of a lot of soy-gurt, more orange juice, cereal, soup, asparagus (97 cents a pound), "bear mush" hot cereal, granola, and also this concentrated formula to help anti-viral immunity. It is kind a first attempt at some natural solutions for my whole throat issue, but I think I am still going to schedule a doctor's appointment this week as well. Back at home, I spent a lot of time reorganizing the pantry and the refrigerator and dumping out a lot of old food. I randomly got a text from Ily at one point. Kinda strange, considering she is a person that pretty much disappeared from my life a long time ago. I boiled some left-over lasagna and spirilli into a giant pot and had a lot of it with some tomato sauce while listening to the radio and cleaning the pantry. Since then, it has been one last trip here to campus to finish my paper and wrap up my day here pretty soon.

Sometimes I feel like I want to write forever. But I try to just limit to a collective stream of memory for the day, just because there are so many obligations every day. As I even type now, I am thinking of potential sleep-time that I am missing for tomorrow morning.

That being said...

-c

No comments: