I had a bit of a late morning and ended up hurrying to Race/Gender/Science. Again, I did not read the material thoroughly, and wished that I had more to say with discussion. I will need to do it next class. It was sunny and absolutely gorgeous outside today, and the wind was actually pretty calm as well. I forgot my wallet as I left for school today, so a stop at Roma made me realize the error, and I ended up bolting home on my bike to go pick it up and return. Tea outside was beautiful. I ran into Derrick and Psyche, and again she kissed me on the cheek. I guess it is more of a formality then anything, but it is still kinda nice. I conversed and read more of
If You Want To Write and am growing more and more enchanted by its writings. I warmed up a little bit and then had trombone studio in the afternoon, which was an interesting look on practice regiments and helpful suggestions. I went to Boulder Creek by the library afterwards and spent a half hour meditating on a flat rock next to the creek, and afterwards I went home to get some theory done. There was not very much time, however, and I was soon out the door to get to school for the concert tonight. I did not feel comfortable during the sound check, so I spent twenty minutes freely blowing downstairs in Macky, and it ended up helping me out considerably for the performance. The solos were nice, and overall the ensemble played pretty well. I saw Catie and Cook afterwards, and Catie ended up telling me that she "finally understood that I played trombone." Watching Jazz I, I ended up having some anxiety issues during the performance. I kept scratching my head, picking at my skin, and my throat kept going to my mind again. On top of that, I think the sound mixing for Jazz I kinda sucked tonight. Anyways, after they played, I ended up calling home to talk about it as I walked back to the music school to put my instrument away, and it was a good way to have some release of my thoughts and settle me down some. So now back at home, I have a lot of work left for tomorrow (which I should have done much earlier), but I am going to just take the time to get some rest and have a productive morning, starting with some good stretching and meditation to greet the day.
The last note: the new Bonnie "Prince" Billy album is fucking great. As always with any of his albums.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment