Saturday, February 28, 2009

What is the point of being the best when others do not even have a chance?

I stayed in bed for quite some time after I woke up today. This whole illness takes some energy out of me, I guess. I filled the time in bed with lots of YouTube videos and kinda got inspired just by how much movies and "creation" these guys were doing.

I had one lone class at 1pm with Afro Am. society, and we did some group work based with a reading. After that, I felt a need to visit the Ethnic Studies department, and it was really nice. I entered to Sandy and professor Aldama sitting at a table with a whole spread of veggies, meats, cheese, and even horchata, and they invited me to eat and talk for a while. Stewart joined later on, and it felt great to "truly" let him know how life is going for me lately, as I talked a lot about this whole throat predicament, the overwhelming sense (guilt?) of "privilege" that I feel these days, dreams, the "breakdown" I had with Chey, and even more thoughts involved with another "mental release". He had a lot of "release" with me too, and I could only wish at that time that I had a voice recorder to remember all these thoughts we had.

By time I left, I was at the bus stop, once again pondering the idea of being back in Dulce for a good amount of time to learn the language and help clean up the town. I think I might try to make a good amount of time in the summer to do so.

The evening was spent still relaxing. I was lying on the floor at one point just listening to Bonnie Price Billy, and then I decided to go for a walk before the collage concert at Macky tonight. Again, like last year, it was a really good performance. Andrew, Sandee, Andrew's girly and I met some friends at BJ's afterwards. It was ok. For the most part, some of the guys within the music school can still be pretty immature. I left by ten, picked up my "snow-beast" at the bus station, and biked to campus to practice for a good amount of time before coming home and getting sucked online, once again.

Oh yeah. I also quit street team. I am okay with that.

-c

No comments: