Sunday, February 22, 2009

Together.

Today began with some interesting dreams. One of them involved one of the old family vans back in Albuquerque. For what reason, CU jazz director Brad Goode confronted me at one point and handed me a red tupperware of weed that he found underneath the passenger seat. It had some salad on top of it trying to conceal the weed nuggets underneath. I freaked out, thinking that my parents were going to find out about this illegality, and I remember driving sporadically on the way home. Chey was also with me for some reason. I remember stuffing the tupperware into my coat and then running into my room upstairs to conceal it in my sock drawer. Weird.

I had some oatmeal for breakfast, and after a shower, I rode my bike to Roma for some tea and a vegan bran banana muffin. I met up with Alex yet again on the patio, and then suddenly Trevor gave me a call, asking if I was interested in helping him film a video application for "the best job in the world," which is this huge interglobal contest to be a caretaker of an island along the Great Barrier Reed in Australia for 6 months with a pay of over 150 grand in American dollars. He also wants to meet back with this Australian girl he fell in love with that studied abroad in Las Cruces. Anyways, he met me at Roma to explain the situation, and after getting some supplies together at home and getting some batteries, we shot some more footage around Mt. Sanitas with intentions to make him look like a humble journeyman. After some final shots on Pearl St., we got some fries and got the material ready back at home. I left for the bus afterwards to meet Cook and Cate in Denver for dinner and a concert. However, the BX I was on broke down, and I was luckily able to get a seat in what became "standing room only" on the subsequently packed B into Market Street Station. After they picked me up, we ate at a delicious Thai restaurant near south Broadway, and I had a sweet order of tofu with a peanut sauce, dished with broccoli and a heaping mound of brown rice. I could only eat so much. After putting leftovers in the car, we went into the Hi-Dive. The first band was awful. 1090 Club was their name. If you are a fan of sparse chords and heavily emo-tinged rock, go see 1090 Club. Yeech. Appleseed Cast was alright after those guys. It still had somewhat of an emo hinge on their sound, but their "post-rocky" moments were really cool. Cook and I were laughing at this one guy and his girlfriend for the entire show. It looked like he was all "out" on ecstasy and was swerving around crazy amounts and practically suffocating the poor woman he was with. We left the concert early, and after a 7-11 stop, we drove back to Boulder for Corey's 21st b-day party. Again, it was a pretty low-key affair at Taylor's. We made our rounds and ended up leaving pretty early. Their house just has not been the same since the house on 3rd and Canyon. Back at home, Trevor was working on his video with my MacBook, and we ended up staying up super late getting it done. As it looks now, it is pretty good. Somehow working on this video has made ME feel good, and the creative collaboration almost felt GOOD for my health. I am unsure what that is. I am also unsure of seeing myself at any more of those kinds of parties at Taylor's (or anyone's) house these days. In the midst of making all this sense and sensibility out of my throat illness for the past weeks, I think it is just a midst of really deciding what makes me feel happy these days.

It is changing.

-c

No comments: