In a weird sort of twisted way, I feel that I am undergoing that challenge again. Eating for me for the past week or so has been somewhat of a challenge, something that is so natural for all human beings to understand (and more importantly, ENJOY, though sometimes they do not even realize it). As this predicament has afflicted me and my hunger has escalated (I did not eat anything today until right at this moment), I am forced to understand my body better, and also to challenge maybe why I have been a slow eater my entire life. I am in the moment where this illness has pushed me to "re-look" at myself and understand that I CAN do these things if I can just put my mind over matter. I mean, look at Grampa D.C.! That man is the strongest man I can think of in my entire life right now at this moment. It has come to a time where I remember holding him up at the beach, and he slowly, nimbly took a couple of steps at a time for a while, and now, though age is still a precedent, because HE KNOWS he can push himself to keep going, he can still walk. That is fucking awesome and incredibly inspirational to me to say that if I just TRY eating foods again, I WILL EAT.
Ok, self-motivation over. I still have a lot to do. Life is still throwing a ton of curveballs, and though I have had a couple of foul balls, I am still swinging for the fences.
-c
No comments:
Post a Comment