Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What Dreams May Come

Listening to this band "The Appleseed Cast" right now. It is super delay, super drone-y, spacey sort of indie rock, but it is not necessarily shoegaze. I dig it.

Today was a good day. I woke around 720, printed my composition report for music theory, and then had lecture about bassline progressions, specifically based around the structure of the infamous Pachabel's Canon. Aural skills was fun. I grabbed some tea and a vegan scone at Roma before finishing a paper at Norlin for my Critical Thinking class. We were beginning to delve into the theories of Foucault and the theories that "self" is not "self-made," but rather "self" is defined by the society that surrounds us. Af. Am. Society was cancelled, so I took the opportunity to load up on some vegan groceries at Sunflower and make lunch at home, followed by a killer power nap. Writing class was fine, we are finally breaking down into focus areas for our projects. I spent the afternoon with some definitive "me" time at the Boulder Bookstore, and after being perplexed by the number of philosophy and guidance books, I ended up purchasing a book called "If You Want To Write," which is an inspirational approach by this one elderly lady to push the imagination and the creative spirit and the sheer "individual human expression" that EVERYONE is capable of. Awesome. I also purchased another Moleskin at the Trident, this time with some musical staves in the pages instead of lines. Street team was afterwards. Though I did not sign up for any shows, I think I might go check out the aforementioned band at the Hi Dive this Saturday, which also happens to be Corey's 21st birthday. I am having some trouble deciding whether or not I really want to go out and drink with him and the others, but I do want to be there for him. Max had his recital tonight, and he played wonderfully. I think the last piece he had was my favorite. I practiced more trombone afterwards before hitting the gym for my routine five miles and some lifting. Back at home, it was a dinner of black beans, a tortilla, some soy-gurt, and hummus and crackers. My throat was trying to act weird again, but I think the absence of the dairy (I think at least for now) kept some of the congestion low.

People use diaries for genealogical research from the past centuries of populations throughout history. I think that is fair enough of a reason for me to keep these updates going.

-c

No comments: