Sunday, February 14, 2010

DTF

What's Rockin'- "Plastic"- Portishead

Holy shit, Daniel's houseguest just threw down one of the most intense screams I've heard in a long time. Some pretty bad shit's going down right now.

Ooo, got off the train here with the posts. What do I remember...?

Wednesday was difficult. I didn't get a good energy all day. The savior of everything was dinner with Chey at Sherpa's in the evening, and it seemed that both of us had a lot of racially-inclined self-consciousness and negative feelings that we had to get off our chest. So dinner was delicious, and I felt SO much better after talking things out, and I hope Chey felt the same. We went back to my house and chilled for a bit, and then Daniel and his new houseguest and I opened a bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate her arrival.

Thursday carried a great energy all day. Anthro lecture in the morning was interesting. I spent the time afterwards doing some differnet work and keeping up with some things, and the afternoon consisted of jazz rehearsal, with a trombone sectional. After biking home, I met the new couchsurfers, and then I went back to Macky to do some Ableton jamming with my friend Jacob for a while. The rest of the night consisted of hanging out with Andrew and the couchsurfers, but we crashed pretty early.

Friday was pretty good. I spent five hours of it doing stuff with BLORK in the Black Box Theater. In the evening I ate at Pei Wei with Cook and Cate and Chey, and back at the house our night consisted of some beers and hanging around. Andrew and I for a while had some jammin' out going with our laptops.

Saturday seemed indecisive, as most weekends during the winter have been treating me. I got coffee at Amante and failed at studying because the Winter Olympics were on television with speed skating. I got stoked to go work out instead, and so I had a gnarly sesh at the rec center. After showering at home and playing some trombone and piano, Chey came over, and we went down to Denver to go see St. Vincent at the Bluebird. We hit up Taki first for some delicious Asian food, and then after missing the opening band, Annie Clark and her troubadour took the stage. What a really neat show. She was even more gorgeous in person, and her music was filled with all sorts of really cool harmonies and electronic effects. Because of her, I'm intrigued to write out some more orchestrated music with acoustic instruments. Chey and I got some shakes and fries at Good Times afterwards, and then we drove back to Denver. I stayed up waay too late arranging my room, but now it looks pretty darn slick. Good, good night.

Today's been chill. Andrew and I grabbed brunch at Le Peep around noon-ish. I got my wallet from Chey on campus (left it in her car after the concert), and then I spent a while at Michael's getting some frames for all the music posters I have. I bought some Girl Scout cookies and made an improptu Valentine's gift drop at Lauren's house, and then I spent the afternoon watching the Winter Olympics and putting my frames together in the living room. After cleaning up the rest of my room, the roomies and I went to Sunflower for groceries, and Daniel threw together a delicious mushroom risotto for dinner. We went to Alex and Alyssa's for a bit for some drinks, and we talked and watching soccer highlights.

It's probably mos definitely time for bed now. Incidents like this whole crazy one going down in this house right now sometimes make me feel worried and scared of that whole perspective in relationships...but what's the good without the ugly, yes? Hell, I dunno.

Good to feel like ME, I guess.

-c

No comments: