Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Eyes and Imagination

What's Rockin'- "ILLDOOMINATI" (woooooo)

Woo woo! This entry is brought to courtesy of a new NETBOOK. His name is Thelonious. He's taking some time to get used to, but I foresee a far future between us two.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was a pretty good day. I started with a lecture in Anthro, and I worked out afterwards. I came home and ate a huge lunch and did some things around the house before heading back to campus for my ETHN seminar. I ran into Lauren afterwards, and she took me up to the organ room in Macky, and it was every bit as awesome as she told me it was. I practiced some trombone in the music school, and then I did a bunch of work at Norlin for my Chicana studies paper. Back at home, I spent some time chillin' with some Smash Bros with Daniel, and then I was pretty much out for the night.

Today was a good day! When I woke up this morning, for some reason I was thinking about the opening "Circle of Life" theme song from the Lion King. I had some cereal, biked to the Hill, got some coffee at Roma, and did some readings for my Christian Traditions recitation. I planned on getting my Chicana studies paper done after that, but it was delayed for a bit because I ran into Nate and some friends at the music school, and we spent some time messing around with the incredibly awesome vintage synthesizers they have in the CRUNCH lab. I spent the next three hours working on my Joaquin Murieta reflection, and for working on so much of it today, I actually was pretty impressed with how much information I was able to synthesize into it. With all that time, I missed lunch, and I got done with the paper just as the seminar was starting. We talked about a bunch of issues and watched some videos before holding our little "conference", and I opted to read my report first in front of the class. Overall, it was a really cool experience, and Professor Aldama seemed impressed with my oration and presence in my speech. Very, very cool.

The weird part about today, though, was that for how good I was feeling after that class, I gave Cristina a call after we were done, and I asked if she wanted to go have dinner again. I dunno, by this point I'm getting tired of calling and trying to put with us being so goddamn busy all the time. Maybe it is irrational. But it just makes me feel like nothing of this matters, and that it makes me feel irritated that I try so hard. I went to the music school to practice for a while, and upon seeing my friend John, I told him I was feeling good, but "sometimes I just wonder if what would really make me happy is for a smart, attractive woman to just ask me out to dinner for once." Who knows.

I moped for a second, but everything fell from my mind when I had a killer practice session today. I went running at the rec center afterwards, and again I felt like I pushed myself really hard, smiling like a jackass and singing along to the lyrics of Broken Social Scene in my iPod. I stopped by Sunflower, and then at home, I had an enormous dinner of soup and a bagel sandwich. I spent too much time playing Smash Bros with Daniel, yet again, and Chey and her friends came over later, asking me to go get them a bottle of vodka. After a quick trip to Liquor Mart, everyone peaced, and I'm ready to pass out for the night in a bit here.

So! It kinda already feels like my weekend. I want to take that "feeling" and that opportunity I presented to myself in my Chicana seminar today to really keep doing what I should be doing, I suppose. As for the other things? I shouldn't worry so much about it, I guess.

-c

No comments: